Terms and Conditions
1st January 2017
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Dog Walkers Bristol (henceforth known as DWB), or is using any other services provided by DWB, and agrees to indemnify DWB in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2.1 The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, DWB has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health (or disclosed any health issues) and has not harmed, shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
2.2 Where aggression has been disclosed, the client agrees that their dog shall be walked 1-2-1, shall be muzzled and/or kept on the lead at all times when in DWB’s care.
3. The Client agrees to notify DWB immediately of any change in their dog’s behaviour in regards to; aggression, fear or other dangerous behaviours that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
4. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by DWB staff prior to using DWB services. DWB reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
5. DWB offers 2-2-1 walks where dogs co-mingle in pairs and often meeting other dogs out walking and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. DWB will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘Off Lead Consent Form’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of DWB staff.
7.1 The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of DWB, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of DWB to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of DWB may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
7.2 The Client agrees to allow DWB staff to administer emergency canine first aid where applicable.
8. DWB reserves the right to refuse admission if, the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including Bordetella) or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
9. Bitches may still be walked while in season but strictly on lead and 1-2-1 only.
10. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify DWB immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Coronavirus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. DWB reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
11. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by DWB without prior approval. All such media remain the property of DWB.
12. The Client agrees that DWB is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
13. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by DWB to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
14. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; reasons such as (but not limited to) damaged/poorly working locks, obstructions such as keys on the inside of the lock will count as failure to provide access and will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the Client.
15. The Client agrees that by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify DWB in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in the present and future circumstances.
16. The Client understands that the booked time is approximate only. Whilst DWB makes every effort to ensure walks start at the time given, depending on road conditions and unforeseen circumstances, please allow approximately 10 – 20 minutes before/after your booked time slot for the dog walker to attend. In adverse weather conditions please understand that we are still open and may be slightly delayed. Please note that all walks are 60mins in length, starting from arrival at the walk location (not the Client’s property).
The Client should request bookings in writing, via email, where possible. DWB will confirm all bookings in writing via email. The Client accepts responsibility for checking the confirmation information is correct and informing DWB of any errors immediately.
DWB requires a minimum of 36 hours notice of any service cancellations (less emergencies such as sudden illness/injury/death of the Client’s dog). Where sufficient notice is not given, the Client shall pay 100% of the full cost of the cancelled service. This notice period provides DWB with the chance to fill the cancelled space.
18.2 Cancellation of 2-2-1 Walk
Should your dog be booked for a 2-2-1 walk where the second Client has cancelled, DWB will make every effort to fill the space with another suitable dog. Where this is not possible, DWB shall give the Client a minimum of 24 hours notice to accept/decline (in writing, via email or text) a 1-2-1 walk at £20.00. Where less than 24 hours notice has been given by DWB, the Client shall only be invoiced for the cost of a 2-2-1 walk. Should one such cancellation affect the Client discount threshold (4 down to 3 or 8 down to 7 x 2-2-1 walks PCM) the discount applied shall remain unchanged.
19. Payment and Fees;
The Client agrees that payment shall be made shall be made via bank transfer (unless otherwise agreed in writing with DWB) within 14 days of the date printed on the invoice. Such invoices are sent via email during the 3rd week of each calendar month, for services provided during the same named month (up to and including the final day of said month). The Client agrees to inform DWB of any change of email address immediately to avoid delays in payment. Late Payment Of Commercial Debts Act 1988 amended 1998 & 2002, we as a company reserve the right to impose a £2.50 initial late payment fee if a payment is more than three days overdue, then £0.50 charged on a daily basis from the fourth day until payment is received in full. Multiple late payments may result in the termination of services provided by DWB.
20. Termination of Services;
The Client agrees to give notice of their intention to terminate the use of services provided by DWB. For regular bookings, the same number of weeks as walks per week shall be given as notice, up to a maximum of 4 weeks (1 walk per week = I weeks’ notice, 2 walks per week = 2 weeks’ notice and so on). For Clients who book services ‘ad hoc’, 1 week’s notice is required.
21. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by DWB in writing